Форум Академгородка, Новосибирск > How to master dog photography
Помощь - Поиск - Пользователи - Календарь
Полная версия этой страницы: How to master dog photography
Форум Академгородка, Новосибирск > Хобби и увлечения > Фотография > Фотомастерская
SergeiR
Editor's Note: Canis lupus familiaris--common dogs--were first domesticated by humans some ten thousand years ago. Approximately 100 years ago, dog owners started photographing their household pooches with Kodak box cameras. While cameras have changed over the last century, dogs haven’t evolved much (sorry, Labradoodles don’t count); we've found one pooch (right) that is exceptionally evolved, and has a lot to say about being photographed by humans with the latest digital cameras. We've edited Bowser's ruff text, and present it herein...

Sit. Stay. Good human.

Do you own a dog? That's nice. I like humans, and if you treat us well, we'll do anything for you. We'll even pose when you take pictures of us--no matter how badly those pictures may come out!

My master takes photos of me all the time. At first, the results weren’t even worth paper-training myself on. But eventually he learned, and now he’s a great photographer. Based on my experience training my master to be a great dog photographer, I’ve come up with 15 tips that will help you get memorable images of your best friend.

After all, I'm an expert. Who are you gonna listen to--me or some human?

1. Think like a dog. Study our habits. Look at how we behave when we need to go for a walk (not such a good time to take pictures), what we do after we eat (we lick our faces!), and how we are among human kids, other dogs, puppies (I love puppies!), with different people and in different places. This will help you to anticipate our actions.
SergeiR
2. A contented dog is a good subject. Feed me. Let me sleep. When I’m happy, I can be at your beck and call. Give treats. Have a treat on hand. If you tell me to do something (like sit in front of the camera looking at you) I expect to be rewarded. Do it several times, and I’ll cooperate like crazy. Mmmm, Dog Buscuits!

3. Get down to the dog’s level. Don’t make me strain my neck looking up at you! Get on your belly. If you’re a stranger, put the camera down for a few minutes and play with me. Let me sniff you, get to know you. I pose better when you’re not a stranger. Then, get those treats ready and start shooting away.
SergeiR
4. Make eye contact. If I’m looking to the right or left, so will the person looking at your photo. Get my attention so I’m looking right at the camera. You can do that by making strange sounds. Really—it works! Clicks, whistling, mooing, even barking will get my attention. Sounds silly? This simple trick works on almost any dog as long as it’s quiet enough for him to hear you. Make sure to focus on my eyes. Even if the front of my nose is out of focus, my eyes should be sharp. If they aren’t, the photo will look like a mistake.

5. Get dogs doing dog stuff. If you want me to act naturally, put me in situations where I do the things I normally do. Like playing fetch. I love sticks. Frisbees, too. Get another human to do the throwing, though. Throwing and taking pictures at the same time looks rough.

6. Check the light. As with any type of photography, make sure the light is right. Unless you have a studio, the outdoors is best. If you own a spoiled lapdog who never goes outside, try to take pictures near a window. Make sure my face is well lit. If I have dark fur, use a soft fill flash (with some kind of diffuser, please) or a large reflector to bounce light into my face. If you have neither, use center-weighted or spot metering, or overexpose 1-2 stops for dark-furred dogs.
SergeiR
7. Put us on a pedestal. For indoor photos, a small dog or puppy will probably stay where you put him—if that place is off the floor. A coffee table or something similar that’s higher than the dog likes to jump, perhaps with a small rug or towel draped over it, can work a simple studio. Use an assistant to make sure poochie is in the right place. This way, you don’t have to chase all over the place for a skittish subject.

8. Avoid Dog-Eye! Just like you humans have red-eye, we’ve got dog-eye. If you use a point-and-shoot camera with a built-in flash, and it the room light is a bit too dark, we may get a weird green glow in our eyes. I am not a werewolf—don’t make me look like one. Whenever possible, avoid that built-in flash and use softer light instead. Use diffusion or bounce flash instead of straight-on flash. If you don't have that option, use anti-shake and/or boost your camera's ISO setting to increase its sensitivity in low light.

9. Get close. No, closer. No, closer than that. Fill the frame with my pugnacious mug. Don’t be afraid to use your zoom to eliminate anything that isn’t necessary.

10. Use humor. Go ahead. Humiliate me. Use wide-angle lenses and high angles to make my head look distorted and funny. Put sunglasses and hats on me--then shoot fast, because I’ll probably shake them off.
SergeiR
11. Pay attention to detail. Look for potential distracting elements in the background and foreround, and either change position or move both of us to a better location if needed. Remember that things that might not be a distraction in the background when you’re standing could tower over your photo when you’re at my level.

12. Bath time is a good time to shoot. Although I hate baths, when I get out I shake all the water off my fur. I smell a photo opp! Bathe me outside. Set your camera to a fast shutter speed, and be ready. You can improve the shot by making sure the sun is somewhat behind me—those backlit drops flying through the air can make for a great shot.

13. Puppies are always cute. This is a rule. Take lots of pictures of puppies. They’re nice and adorable, and if you get them off the floor, they won’t go anywhere.

Let’s paws and review: Get on my level. Show my eyes. Don’t be a stranger. Show me doing what I do best. Treat me like...well...like a dog. You’ll be rewarded with pictures that will get others to sit up and notice!

© 2007 Adorama Camera, Inc.

---------
p1: I just ate! Want to get a shot like this? When poochie finishes chowing down, he'll lick his chops. Be ready. Photo © iStockphoto.com/Michael Svoboda

----------
p2:Eye-level: Get down to your dog's level and show his eyes--the windows into his canine soul. How did the photographer get this out-of-proportion head? By using a wide-angle lens. This show was taken using studio lights and an inexpensive white seamless backdrop. You could also take a shot like this with an on-camera flash with a diffuser. Photo © iStockphoto.com/Stephanie Phillips

---------

p3:Know what dogs like: We like to run, swim, and fetch. So, get pictures of us doing the stuff we like to do. Photo © iStockphoto.com/Seb Chandler

-----------

p4:Pay attention to detail: Note how the little details make this funny photo work, from the starfish on the left to the just-breaking wave in the background. How many shots do you think it took to get this one? You can bet it took a lot--dogs generally don't enjoy wearing sunglasses! Photo © iStockphoto.com/James Steidl
-----------
p5:Best friends: Humans are proud of their pooches, and we dogs love our people. We're like a part of the family so try to capture the mutual affection and pride of ownership when doing a shot with both dogs and people. Photo © iStockphoto.com/Sean Locke
-----------
SergeiR
Все желающие прочесть это на русском могут либо использовать автоматический переводчик, либо скинуться и оплатить перевод (я могу сделать, если что) 8))

Все остальные, нашедшие в себе силы изучить язык - надеюсь вам эта статья поможет что то для себя найти полезное про фотосьемку собак.

Доброй охоты!
jazzband
QUOTE (SergeiR @ Aug 4 2007, 00:46)
1. Think like a dog.

Вот это самый верный совет при съемке животных! (не только собак). Чтобы поймать момент - на самом деле нужно думать, как они (тренируюсь на свое коте). smile.gif

А можно поинтересоваться источником?
SergeiR
QUOTE (jazzband @ Aug 3 2007, 12:07)
QUOTE (SergeiR @ Aug 4 2007, 00:46)
1. Think like a dog.

Вот это самый верный совет при съемке животных! (не только собак). Чтобы поймать момент - на самом деле нужно думать, как они (тренируюсь на свое коте). smile.gif

А можно поинтересоваться источником?

а прочесть до конца - никак? Там копирайт стоит.
jazzband
QUOTE (SergeiR @ Aug 4 2007, 01:17)

А подробнее ответить? Это журнал, сайт, справочник?
SergeiR
QUOTE (jazzband @ Aug 3 2007, 12:19)
QUOTE (SergeiR @ Aug 4 2007, 01:17)

А подробнее ответить? Это журнал, сайт, справочник?

это широко известный сайт торгующий фототехникой. Кроме сего они устраивают порой семинары и публикуют время от времени статьи, кои рассылают по своим покупателям/слушателям.
jazzband
Вот и спасибо за информацию, теперь буду почитывать. За выложенные материалы тоже - thanks. cool.gif
Osya
Adorama Camera, Inc. 42 West 18th Street New York, NY 10011  Any problems with this site please contact Webmaster
SergeiR
QUOTE (jazzband @ Aug 3 2007, 12:22)
Вот и спасибо за информацию, теперь буду почитывать. За выложенные материалы тоже - thanks. cool.gif

Вы же уверяли что знаете все про фотографию и учиться Вам тут нечему будет. Я позволил себе предположить что второй крупнейший фотомагазин в сети такой сведующий человек знает.
jazzband
QUOTE (SergeiR @ Aug 4 2007, 01:26)
Вы же уверяли что знаете все про фотографию и учиться Вам тут нечему будет. Я позволил себе предположить что второй крупнейший фотомагазин в сети такой сведующий человек знает.

На флуд провоцируете? Я просто пыталась быть вежливой - как видно зря.

P.S. Кстати, я не пользуюсь сетевыми фотомагазинами - это что-то говорит о моих познаниях? Вряд ли...
chusik
QUOTE (SergeiR @ Aug 4 2007, 02:00)
Все желающие прочесть это на русском могут либо использовать автоматический переводчик, либо скинуться и оплатить перевод (я могу сделать, если что) 8))

Все остальные, нашедшие в себе силы изучить язык - надеюсь вам эта статья поможет что то для себя найти полезное про фотосьемку собак.

Доброй охоты!

поработал автоматический переводчик Promt XT Office
ручная правка минимальная...

Примечание Редактора: Собаки lupus familiaris - обычные собаки - были сначала одомашнены людьми приблизительно десять тысяч лет назад. Приблизительно 100 лет назад, владельцы собаки начали фотографировать своих домашних псов нераздвижными фотокамерами Kodak. В то время как камеры изменились в прошлом столетии, собаки не развились очень (жаль, Labradoodles не рассчитывает); мы нашли один пес (право), которое исключительно развито, и имеет много, чтобы сказать о том, чтобы быть сфотографированным людьми с последними цифровыми камерами. Мы редактировали текст ерша Теплозаправщика (Bowser's ruff biggrin.gif !), и представляем это здесь...

Сидеть. Стоять. Хороший человек.

Вы имеете собаку? Это хорошо. Я люблю людей, и если Вы рассматриваете нас хорошо, мы сделаем что-нибудь для Вас. Мы даже позируем, когда Вы снимаете нас - независимо от того, как ужасно могут выйти те картины!

Мой владелец фотографирует меня все время. Сначала, результаты стоили не даже бумажное обучение самостоятельно на. Но в конечном счете он узнал, и теперь он - большой фотограф. Базируемый на моем опыте, обучающем мой владелец быть большим фотографом собаки, я придумал 15 подсказок, которые помогут Вам получать незабываемые изображения вашего лучшего друга.

В конце концов, я - эксперт. Кто - Вы собирающийся слушаете - меня или некоторого человека?

1. Думать подобно собаке. Изучите наши привычки. Взгляд, как мы ведем себя, когда мы должны выйти на прогулку (не такое хорошее время, чтобы снять), что, мы делает после того, как мы едим (мы облизываем наши лица!), и как мы - среди человеческих детей, других собак, щенки (я люблю щенков!), с различными людьми и в различных местах. Это поможет Вам ожидать наши действия.
Jozhik
QUOTE (chusik @ Aug 5 2007, 20:16)
поработал автоматический переводчик Prompt XT
правка минимальная...

нда...
Для просмотра полной версии этой страницы, пожалуйста, пройдите по ссылке.
Русская версия IP.Board © 2001-2024 IPS, Inc.